Monday, May 17, 2010

More misadventures with Subie!

The other day, I thought Subie had gone to the big engine in the sky.

I pumped the gas once and turned it on. It staerted up, but coughed and gasped before finally dying.

I turned it over. Nothing.

I turnedi t over again. Still, nothing.

"Well, I guess that day is finally here," I thought. "Oh no, I'm going to have to rename my blog."

But as stubborn (or hopeful) as I am, I refused to give up. "I think I can. I think I can." While turning it over, I gave it some gas.

It coughed, it sputtered, and came to life at about 2300 RPMs.

When it got the >whatever< out of its system, I let off the gas.

It didn't die, it was just having a rough morning.

*******************

Last Friday, the night before the Junior Lilac Parade, Querida brought some lamps to Cheney High School for the fundraiser. Remember that the Subaru is grounded to Cheney due to its inability to do well at higher speeds.

Querida turned off the car and brought the lamps inside. Because she was stopped in a loading zone (the horseshoe, for those familiar with the high school,) she had turned on the four-way flashers.

When she returned to drive away, the car wouldn't go. It wouldn't start. Once again, it was the little sad engine that couldn't.

She couldn't find the jumper cables because we had tucked them away underneath the bed of the wagon (in a compartment there,) so I came out to help.

Instead of showing her where the cables were, I threw it in neutral, released the brake, and taught Querida how to jump start a car. I was immensely proud of myself. (Still am, can you tell?)

And who says a bucket of bolts is a bad thing? Don't we need to know these things, as drivers? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment